Friday, January 2, 2009

USPS Price Increase #1 - Jan 18th

I sucked all the air out of the room this morning when I saw what Priority Flat Rate Box is going up to...$10.35!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO.

I feel sick...it has now topped up over the $10-double digit mark. A shocker for anyone who wants to order pretty much any size candle over 5 or 6oz. Maybe I should only sell LIGHTWEIGHT products!!

On the other hand...

I take a lot of things for granted and FAST delivery is no exception. I loathe using UPS because it is so slow...can take 10 days to get a package from the East Coast. But Priority Mail? 2 to 3 days.

That makes me happy. I also appreciate the free boxes to use with Priority packages.

And I am particularly EXCITED about the new Flat Rate Box SMALL size that I can use for the same price as the Flat Rate Envelope. Depending on the size...this could make it under $5 to ship any size candle that will fit in the box. And THAT is tremendously GOOD NEWS for me-AND YOU!


Oh, expect another increase this summer.

0 comments :